Best Small Electric Kettle of 17 Ounces/0.5L
A small electric kettle of 0.5 liters is perfect for people who love traveling and would also like to brew their tea while they are on the road.
Reasons for using a small electric kettle
1. Small size – Their small size makes it convenient to be carried anywhere and they also occupy a small size on the counter.
2. They are more convenient as one only requires to plug the kettle into an electrical outlet and then it brews your coffee or tea at a quick pace.
3. They are cheaper compared to normal electric kettles. They can also be easily found in online shops at a decent and discount price.
4. They are safe – Small electric kettles have a thermostat that stops before it starts to boil over, therefore, avoiding any accidental fires or loss.
5. They have various features – These kettles offer different types of modern features from which one can choose the appliance which meets their needs well.
What to check when buying a small electric kettle
Most electric kettles offer a cordless option which is very convenient. If one’s interest is in purchasing a portable kettle then they should consider a cordless one which allows for free movement.
- Ease of use
One should first assess their needs and the use of the kettle they intend to purchase. The grip of the kettle should be comfortable and remain cool when heating. The unit of the kettle should have a spout which does not cause a mess every time you pour water out of it. The kettle should also have an auto shut down feature to make sure that the water does not boil over.
One should consider buying an electric kettle that has higher durability. The brands that back their appliances with a warranty are the most suitable.
Most suitable materials for making an electric kettle is stainless steel and glass. One should avoid kettles which are made of plastic which meets the boiling water as this might end up changing the taste of your tea or coffee.
If one wants a kettle that can be carried while traveling, a lightweight appliance is most suitable for an electric kettle which mostly sits on the counter and barely moves weight might not be a priority.
In the case where one wants a kettle with better features such as high-quality materials, variable temperature options and a higher chance of durability one should go for the more expensive options.
This is in terms of capacity. Before purchasing a kettle, one should already be aware of the number of cups they want to brew at a go. Small kettles have a smaller capacity so one needs to think of their needs and compare them to the capacity before purchasing.
- Time duration
One should consider purchasing an electric kettle which takes the shortest amount of time to boil water. It should take approximately four minutes.
- The appearance of the kettle
If these matters to you, then you should spend more time researching which look suits them best.
Best Small Electric Kettles
Bonavita Bona Voyage 0.5-liter Electric travel kettle
This is an electric travel kettle from Bonavita. This kettle stands out among 2 cup electric kettles.
- This kettle measures 5 by7 by 7 inches and weighs 1.3 pounds
- It has a 900-watt heating element which brings water to a boil slightly faster than other kettles. It also has an auto-shutoff feature that saves power by switching the heater element off after it reaches the boiling point.
- It is made of durable brushed stainless steel. Its handle is made of cool touch plastic so one is more comfortable when pouring hot water.
- It has boil-dry protection which ensures that the kettle shuts off once the reservoir is empty.
- It has a small compact size of 16 ounces which is suitable for serving one person while traveling.
- It has an easily removable lid and the kettle is fully UL Certified for safety compliance.
- It has a long neck which provides excellent pouring techniques for a single cup of tea or a pour-over coffee.
- It has a compact design.
- The appliance boils water quickly.
- It has an-auto shutoff function.
- It has safe worldwide usage.
- This model tracks the water’s temperature accurately as it rises or lowers so one will know how hot it is.
- This appliance is free from harmful chemicals example BPA, latex, and lead.
- It does not have an adapter included in the package.
- It must be manually switched between voltages.
- The small size of the kettle only serves one person which tends to be inconvenient when there are two people.
- This model lacks a water-level window making it hard to track when the water is getting down.
- The lid lacks push-button and needs to be removed in a similar way as on a traditional stovetop kettle.
BonNoces portable Electric kettle
This is an electric kettle from BonNoces. It has a very simple design and it is also portable.
- The total electric power required for this kettle is 800-watts meaning it can boil water at a faster rate compared to other electric kettles.
- It is a small and unique water kettle that has a lot of purposes. For example, it is suitable for travel, business travel, hotels or daily use.
- It’s easy to clean because it has a large caliber opening, detachable cover, and a stainless steel seamless interior design which makes the water kettle easy for filling and cleaning
- The interior of this travel kettle and all places that are in contact with water are high-quality food-grade stainless steel. This ensures the safety and health of the user.
- It has a food-grade cool-touch exterior that remains cool while boiling. It also has a cordless kettle body and base which can be separated for easy use.
- It has multiple protections that is it has an automatic shut off feature and a boil dry feature for safe use and timesaving.
- It is a travel-friendly design due to its small size and it’s also easy to pack into your suitcase.
- This kettle has a quick boiling rate that is it can boil water in five minutes.
- This kettle requires to be cleaned regularly.
- The materials that make this kettle are quite weak making it less durable than other kettles.
- It is limited in availability because it is not found at many retailers.
Hamilton Beach Electric kettle
This electric kettle can hold a significant amount of water for anyone.
- It has a stainless-steel design that is perfect for easy cleaning and is aesthetically pleasing.
- It has a cord-free serving option which gives the user the ability to roam with it.
- It also has an auto-shutoff feature and boil-dry protection which is responsible for keeping the kettle safe.
- The heating element is concealed so that it’s not exposed to water and this reduces the possibility of accidents.
- The drip-free spout prevents messes and gives one a smooth pour. There is also a water-level window that allows one to see when the water is boiling.
- It runs off 1000-watts bringing the water to a very quick boil.
- It has a power indicator light which shows when the kettle is on or off.
- It boils water faster than a microwave and it is safer to use than stovetop kettles.
- The cordless kettle allows for cord-free serving and easy storage.
- The 1000-watt power base retains hot water for up to one hour.
- The boil-dry protection helps keep the unit safe from damage and overheating.
- The water window on the kettle handle is equipped with pre-marked measuring lines that enhance accuracy while pouring.
- The brushed stainless-steel exterior hides fingerprints and conceals heating elements underneath.
- The kettle is extremely noisy when heating.
- Water leaks through the seams while boiling.
Cuisinart Electric kettle
This is an electric kettle which is suitable when brewing for one or two people.
- It has a 0.5 liter/ ounce capacity of water.
- It has a concealed heating element that prevents mineral build-up.
- It has an easy-view water window with printed level markings which enhance accuracy when pouring.
- It has a power on/off switch and an indicator for simple, one-touch operation.
- It runs on 700 Watts electric power which brings water to a quick boil.
- It has an auto-shutoff with overheat and boil-dry protection which ensures the safety of the kettle and the user.
- The 360-degree swivel cordless connector allows one to easily work with the kettle without getting the power code in the way.
- It has a removable scale filter; blue LED indicator and it is also BPA free. The blue LED indicator makes the markings easily visible on the water window.
- This electric kettle comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It has a non-slip type handle which remains cool to the grip when heating.
- The kettle has 6 temperature settings which help in providing accurate temperature for your working.
- It is easy to use because you will easily find all temperature buttons on the kettle.
- The kettle has a fast processing rate, with the 1500 watts of electric power it’s possible for one to boil 1 liter in a matter of minutes.
- The multifunctional property of this kettle enables one to make a variety of drinks example white tea, green tea, oats and many more.
- The kettle comes with a filter.
- The auto-shutoff feature of this kettle might stop working making the kettle less reliable.
- The users are forced to pay for shipping charges in case they want to replace any part of the kettle.
DCIGNA Stainless Steel Electric kettle
- This kettle has a capacity of 0.5l making it portable.
- It uses a power of 800 watts which boils water at a fast rate of 5-8minutes.
- The kettle is made of stainless steel which makes it durable.
- This kettle is easy to clean as it has a large caliber opening, detachable cover, and a stainless-steel interior design which makes it easy to fill water and to clean the appliance.
- It has an auto-shutoff and boil-dry protection which ensures the safety of the kettle and that of the user.
- The kettle has a durable design.
- The kettle has a dual voltage feature.
- The kettle boils water at a very fast rate which makes it efficient.
- The dual voltage is not automatic.
- Voltages are inconvenient.
Proctor Silex Electric Kettle
This is an electric kettle that can be used to boil water for tea, soup or even hot chocolate.
- It has a detachable base that prevents the cord from dangling when working.
- The power used when boiling water using this electric kettle is 1000 watts. This makes it fast and safe because it only takes 3 minutes to boil.
- It has an automatic shutoff function which turns the electric kettle off when the water comes to a boil.
- It has an on/off switch located within easy reach when holding the kettle by the handle.
- The kettle is made of a stainless-steel exterior that wipes down easily, looks sleek and modern on the counter.
- The handle of the kettle features cool-touch plastic which remains cool when boiling hence one can comfortably pour.
- This electric kettle boils water faster than a microwave.
- The auto-shutoff feature saves power by switching the heater element off when the water reaches the boiling point hence one does not need to be worried about the electricity consumption.
- This kettle is more durable than other electric kettles due to its stainless-steel design.
- Its compact size makes it suitable for traveling.
- This kettle comes with drinking cups.
- It has an easy toggle switch between 115 and 230 volts.
- This appliance is also cheaper compared to other kettles.
- This appliance is cheap-looking and made of plastic.
- This kettle is not dual voltage.
Bodum Bistro Electric Water Kettle
This is an electric kettle which has a capacity of 0.5 liters and is used to boil the exact amount of water required.
- It has an unexposed heating element which is tucked away at the bottom and allows one to safely place your water kettle on any surface.
- It has an on/off switch and a power indicator light which indicates when the water has boiled. It also has a steam sensor for automatic shutoff and added safety.
- The kettle uses an electric power of 700 watts.
- It has a water scale with a see-through water level indicator which ensures accuracy when one is pouring water into the kettle.
- The water kettle holds 17 ounces which is enough to heat up to 4 cups of water.
- It has a filter and lid. The scale filter captures impurities and the lid opens at the push of a button.
- This electric kettle is BPA free plastic.
- The compact size makes this electric kettle suitable for traveling.
- This kettle is durable and can last for a long time.
- It boils water at a faster rate than other kettles hence saving energy.
- This appliance is not dual voltage.
- This kettle automatically shuts off the kettle when it boils but one cannot shut it off manually.