A kettle is a much-needed appliance in the kitchen. Most of us are accustomed to serving tea or coffee at small intervals during the workday and an electric kettle simply makes life easier. With so many stylish kettles on the market these days, you can easily find a model to complement your style. Their cordless design means less worrying about a loose cord or a convenient switch. Simply place it beside you while at work and enjoy your favorite drink without hassle.
The choices are unlimited! You don’t have to limit yourself to basic tea or coffee. You can go further and enjoy various specialties like black tea, green tea, white tea, oolong tea, or any other herbal tea you favor. The efficient kettles these days not only heat water within a few minutes but also provide you with the option to warm the water at a specific temperature for extracting the distinct flavor of such teas. Manufacturers add a lot of bells and whistles to your traditional, basic kettle these days making this appliance more versatile and technology-ridden.
Are you looking for a new kettle that looks smart and stylish to bring to your workplace? Or have you had enough of your old, worn-out-looking kettle? Choosing one may be time-consuming with so many options available on the market.
Today’s article is designed to help you decide what you need. Many kettles are popular, but we intend to synthesize the best among three basic kinds of kettles:
1. Plastic kettles
2. Stainless steel kettles
3. Glass kettles
The main advantage of plastic kettles is their price. They are usually very cheap. They are lightweight and are easy to carry anywhere without worrying about accidental falls and blows. But people are skeptical about using household items made of plastic. The main concern comes from the latest scientific research that shows how most of this plastic may contain BPA that can leak out in the boiling water or other edible things and posing the threat of chemical contamination. It is safe to say, nobody wants chemicals in their cup of tea or coffee.
Plastics manufacturing involves polycarbonate or polypropylene, and BPA is found in polycarbonate. Even if manufacturers claim that their product is BPA-free, most of us still don’t feel safe with plastic kettles. Besides being a serious health threat, plastic coming in contact with hot water can leave a slight change of flavor or odor in your tea or coffee. Therefore consumers avoid plastic kettles. Some of the plastic kettles have stainless steel interiors if that can make it up for their “flaws”.
Pros for plastic kettles
1. Plastic kettles are more cost-effective than stainless steel or glass kettles.
2. They are lightweight and easy to lift or pour.
3. They keep water warm for longer and have a cool exterior.
1. Plastic coming in contact with boiling water can be a health hazard.
2. The plastic kettle can leave a slight flavor or odor in your drink.
3. A plastic kettle does not look very stylish compared to a glass or a stainless steel kettle.
Glass kettles are a class apart and look very stylish. Nothing can match the beauty of a glass kettle resting on your table. Not only these kettles are fun to look at, but they are 100% safe to use. Glass kettles in the market these days have all the modern features that you may
need in a kettle. They use plastic or stainless steel for other parts like the base or the handle. Thanks to their transparent look you can easily notice slight stains or scale build-ups and clean them rapidly.
Pros for the glass kettles
1. Glass kettles look stylish and classy.
2. They are easy to clean.
3. You can see through the water tank to easily check the water level; if the kettle is clean or the tea has the desired color.
Cons of the Glass kettles
1. Glass kettles are heavy.
2. You have to be more careful when using a glass kettle.
3. Glass kettles need more vigorous cleaning to maintain in pristine condition.
4. They can be more expensive as compared to plastic or stainless steel kettles.
Stainless Steel Kettles
Stainless steel kettles are by far the most popular ones among the customers. Not only these kettles are durable, but they also boast sleek and stylish designs. Some of them even include a scale filter to prevent the limescale buildup inside the tank. They do not release any bad taste in the water, nor do they pose any health threat. These cordless kettles are quite budget-friendly and often provide good value for money. The only problem can be the hot exterior, but manufacturers have solved this problem with double-walled designs. This way some stainless steel kettles are marketed to keep a cool exterior even when the water is boiling inside.
Pros for stainless steel kettles
1. These kettles are the most durable ones.
2. They come at reasonable prices and include lots of additional features.
3. Most of the stainless steel kettles have removable and easy to clean scale filters.
4. Stainless steel kettles are also coming in a lot of beautiful designs and can look perfect on your table or countertop.
Cons of Stainless Steel Kettles
1. Although lighter than glass kettles, still stainless steel kettles are heavier than plastic ones.
Many different kinds and styles of kettles are available on the market. There is no such thing as a perfect kettle. It depends on the individual need, budget, and taste. However, if we make a rough comparison, then plastic kettles are at the bottom list due to customer’s apprehensions of possible health hazards, despite the manufacturer’s claims of using BPA-free material. Nothing is aesthetically more appealing than a glass kettle, but still, stainless steel is on the top of the list with its durability and functionality.