A kettle is a much-needed appliance in your kitchen. Most of us are in the habit of taking tea or coffee at small intervals during our work and having an electric kettle simply make your life easy. With so many stylish kettles in market these days you can put one right on your desk anywhere you are working. What is more convenient is that they are cordless, means you don’t have to worry about the loose cord or where to switch it. Simply place it beside you while at work and keep on having your favorite drink.
The choices are unlimited; you don’t have to limit yourself to mere tea or coffee, make different kinds of teas like black tea, green tea, white tea, oolong tea, or any other herbal tea you get your hands on. The efficient kettles these days not only heat water within a few minutes but you have the choice to warm your water at a specific temperature for extracting their distinct flavor. Manufacturers are adding a lot of bells and whistles into your traditional basic kettle, making them more convenient and technology ridden.
Are you looking for a new kettle that looks smart and stylish in your workplace? Or have you been feeling a bit bored with your old worn out looking kettle? Choosing one may be time-consuming and need lots of deliberation as there are too many options available in the market. Today’s article is designed to help you decide what you need. Many kinds of kettles are becoming popular, but roughly we will be looking at three basic kinds of kettles:
1. Plastic kettles
2. Stainless steel kettles
3. Glass kettles
The main advantage of plastic kettles is their price. They are usually very cheap. They are lightweight and are easy to carry anywhere without having to worry about accidental falls and blows. But not only in kettles, for overall all household products people are being skeptical about using made of plastic things. The reason being the latest scientific research that shows that most of this plastic may contain BPA that can leak out of plastic in boiling water or other edible things. Nobody wants chemicals in his cup of tea or coffee.
These plastics contain polycarbonate or polypropylene during their manufacturing process, and BPA is found in polycarbonate. Even if manufacturers claim that their product is BPA free, most of us still don’t feel safe with plastic kettles. Besides being a serious health threat, plastic coming in contact with hot water can leave a slight change of flavor or odor in your tea or coffee. Therefore consumers are more and more avoiding plastic kettles due to these reasons. Some of the plastic kettles are using stainless steel interior as well. Even these kettles are using lots of plastic parts.
Pros of plastic kettles
1. Plastic kettles are more cost-effective than stainless steel or glass kettles.
2. They are lightweight and easy to lift or pour.
3. Keeps water warm for longer and have cool exterior.
1. Plastic coming in contact with boiling water can be a health hazard.
2. The plastic kettle can leave a slight flavor or odor in your drink.
3. Does not looks very stylish as compared to glass or stainless steel kettles.
Glass kettles are a class apart and look very stylish. Nothing can match the beauty of a glass kettle resting on your table. Not only these kettles are fun to look at, but they are 100% safe to use. Glass kettles in the market these days have all the modern features that you may
need in your kettle. These kettles make use of plastic or stainless steel for other parts as a base or handle. Because of their transparent look keeping them clean becomes easy as a slight stain or scale build-up is instantly noticed and you can nip it in the bud.
Pros of glass kettles
1. Glass kettles look more stylish and classy.
2. They are easy to clean.
3. You can see through the water level if it is clean or the tea has the desired color.
4. Glass kettles are hygienically perfect.
Cons of Glass kettles
1. Glass kettles are heavy.
2. You have to be more careful with glass kettles.
3. Glass kettles need more vigorous cleaning for staying in pristine condition.
4. They can be more expensive as compared to plastic or stainless steel kettles.
Stainless Steel Kettles
Stainless steel kettles are by far the most popular ones among the customers. Not only these kettles are durable, but they are coming in sleek and stylish designs. Some of these latest kettles even include scale filter to prevent the limescale buildup inside the kettle. They do not release any bad taste in water, nor they pose any health threat. These cordless kettles are not much expensive really and often provide good value to your money. The only problem can be hot exterior, but manufacturers have even solved this problem by double-walled designs, and the kettles in market claim to have cool exterior even when water is boiling inside.
Pros of stainless steel kettles
1. These kettles are the most durable ones.
2. They come at reasonable prices and include lots of additional features.
3. Most of the stainless steel kettles have removable and cleanable scale filters.
4. Stainless steel kettles are also coming in a lot of beautiful designs and can look perfect on your table or countertop.
Cons of Stainless Steel Kettles
1. Although lighter than glass kettles, still stainless steel kettles are heavier than plastic ones.
Many different kinds and styles of kettles are available in the market. There is no such thing as a perfect kettle. It depends on individual need, budget, and choice. However, if we make a rough comparison, then plastic kettles are at the bottom list due to customer’s apprehensions of possible health hazards, despite manufacturer’s claims of having BPA free material. Nothing is aesthetically more appealing than a glass kettle, but still, stainless steel is on the top of the list with its durability and functionality.